Admission Procedure For CBSE – Academic Year 2012-2013
Please note that forms with incomplete information / application fee will not be processed for admission.
The following will need to be enclosed with the application:
- Photocopies of birth certificate.
- Copies of all prior school mark sheets/grade sheets/report cards/achievement records etc., attested to as being genuine by a Gazetted officer/Bank Manager, or notarized by a Notary Public.
- Medical report detailing blood group and pre-existing chronic medical conditions/medication prescribed if any.
- Three recent passport size photographs for day scholars & six recent passport size photographs for boarders, with name of the child and class for which admission is being sought, written on the back side.
- A Demand Draft for Rs.300/- favouring "Lalaji Memorial Omega International School" payable at Chennai must be enclosed with the completed Application Form.
- Foreign nationals must submit attested/notarized copies of their passports and other documents pertaining to their immigration status, such as OCI/ PIO.
The candidate's application for admission will be processed only on submission of all the documents and records as above.
- Students seeking admission to classes I - IX will be requested to undergo a written and oral test.
- Admission will be solely on merit.
- Entrance tests will be conducted at the School on prescribed dates, which will be notified well in advance.
- Candidates must present themselves on the prescribed date without fail. The School does not normally offer more than one test per class, except under extraordinary circumstances.
- Results of the entrance tests will be posted at the School campus.
- Originals of all the attested copies of documents asked for must be presented for verification prior to the entrance test.
- Out - station candidates can receive their results by sending an email request to the School at: email@example.com. They must state the name of the candidate, the class to which admission is sought, and the date on which the test was taken.
Once the candidate is declared selected, the fees must be paid into the Accounts Department by way of DD or cash (for local residents only) within 3 working days from the date of posting of the results.
Annual fees may be paid for the full year as a one - time payment or in three instalments (for day scholars) or in two instalments (for boarders).
Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of admission.
Kindly ensure that you have read the terms and conditions for admission.
For selected children, after payment of fees, the original Transfer Certificate endorsed by board of education or CBSE office must be submitted by the third week of April for children entering the School in June.
Admission in the Hostel
Omega International School offers the possibility of residency on the campus. (See Boarding for more information.)
This facility is open to students whose parents are NOT resident in Chennai only and from class V to VIII only.
It is mandatory for students who are admitted to the Hostel to have a local guardian who will take care of them in case of any emergency. Full details of the local guardian must be submitted at the time of admission.
Candidates must be admitted to the School before they can be admitted as boarders. All successful candidates seeking admission to the Hostel, and who have already applied for a place in the Hostel, will be interviewed by a Panel, prior to being admitted. The date of the Interview will be posted in the School, and parents of students will be notified well in advance.
Students entering the Hostel will receive a Boarding Contract that must be filled up by parents and submitted before they may enter the dormitory. They will also be given a Student Medical Information Form and Emergency Medical Form. We strongly suggest that parents read the ‘Guidelines for Dormitory' prior to admission.